Makkhi- not a review
S.S.Rajamouli made Eega(Makkhi) in 2012.
Sadly I had missed to watch it in theaters because of phobia for South industry.
When I watched Robot(2010), I liked that concept very much though the movie was not good enough.
As time passed,I realized likewise Shankar there is another Director named S.S.Rajamouli who is also risk taker and have alot interest in Sci-Fi, Period drama and all.
Then I watched Magadheera of his creation and got dissapointed a lot because of many reasons and today there is no need say about that.
After watching that, I had again lost my interest in south industry.
Last year, because of lots of buzz about Bahubali: The Begining...I went into theaters and again disappointed :(
Because of routine story line, poor(personally I felt) visuals and many reasons, it didn't appeal me.
Few days ago, somewhere I had listened 'Arrey Arrey' song and I just loved a lot.
After searching about song, I do realize that song is from Makkhi.
And just because of that song, yesterday I had taken a risk to watch Makkhi.
Surprisingly, from the 1st frame of the movie I started loving it.
Though it is a Revenge drama likewise Bahubali and Magadheera, it has something special in it.
Its emotional quotient is very high and maintained throughout the movie. It is really fast paced and I didn't get bored for a single moment.
The performances given by Sudeep, Samantha and Nani are also good.
Its background score, cinematography and camera work are top notch.
Like said earlier 'Arrey Arrey' song comes easy on tip of lips.
Technically speaking, Makkhi is a marvel. The computer generated fly does everything that a human does, which includes the shortcomings as well.
S.S.Rajamouli had done subtle work with this fly. And fortunately everything do reflect in movie.
The treatment with Macro and Micro elements in this is just fine.
Action sequences are also captured decently.
Sadly I felt that, the Graph of Visuals decline in Indian film Industry when I compared it to Bahubali or recently released Mohenjo Daro.
After all Makkhi is Brilliant piece of art. And I had never watched that much of ease with Sci-fi and VFX in Indian industry.
It is pleasure to say that Makkhi is the Benchmark in Indian Film Industry.
-Ashutosh :)

Comments

Popular Posts